The Washington State Ferry System
The Washington State Ferry system services the islands of Washington as well as connecting the mainland with the peninsula and other points. The system even connects to Victoria, British Columbia.
Traveling by ferry is a state of mind as much as a means of transportation to some of the Puget Sound’s most historic and scenic sites. Views of the Olympic and Cascade mountains, the Seattle cityscape and the green shorelines will draw you out onto the deck to feel the salt breeze on your face. The state ferry system takes passengers and their vehicles from Seattle and nearby departure points to Vashon Island, the Kitsap Peninsula, the San Juan Islands and Canada.
Washington State Ferry Reservations
- Save A Spot vehicle reservations can help make your next ferry trip a smooth sailing.
- Call Center Hours: 5:00am until 8:15pm, 7 days a week Statewide: call 1-888-808-7977; Out of State: 206-464-6400
Washington State Ferry Sailing Schedule
- The full screen sailing schedule for the Washington State Ferry system
- The cellular mobile sailing schedule for the Washington State Ferry system
Washington State Ferry Fares
- Fares are based on the route’s geographical location, the length, width, and height of vehicle, as well as the length of time traveling on board the ferry. Fares are also calculated based on the age or disability of each passenger and are collected either for round trip travel or one-way travel, depending on the departure terminal. Seniors, persons with disabilities and passengers with a Medicare card, or other eligibility verification, are eligible for travel at half the regular passenger fare rate.
- Look up WA State ferry fares