Day one Olympics and San Juan Islands
- Arrive SeaTac check in at the Holiday Inn & Suites Federal Way
- Optional Seattle walking tour
- Tillicum Village for dinner
- Back to Holiday Inn & Suites for overnight
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Depart for Grays Harbor, approx 2 hour drive.
- Grays County for historic tour of homes and gardens. To include the Hoquiam Castle, Aberdeen Mansion and Lytle House.
- Lunch at Hoquiams Castle
- Depart for Ocean Shores, with a visit to the interpretive center and afternoon tea at the Casino.
- Travel to Lake Quinault Lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Many out door activities are available at the lodge: hiking, boating, horse back riding, bike riding and guided nature walks and interpretive talks by a forest ranger in the main lodge.
- Breakfast Quinault Lodge
- Depart for Hoh Rainforest, via Klaloch and Ruby Beach.
- Enjoy a stroll on the beach at either location, before heading to the Hoh.
- Arrive Rainforest Visitor Center.
- The forest service provides short guided tours (check for times) they are of various lengths and difficulty.
- Lunch in Forks, we suggest the Raindrop Café
- After lunch drive to Lake Crescent and Marymere Falls.
- The walk to and from the falls takes approximately 1 and one half hours.
- This is a steep climb, but worthwhile.
- Drive to Port Angeles for overnight.
- Breakfast at the hotel, depart for Hurricane Ridge
- Guide tours, interpretive walks and ranger talks are available at the ridge (check for details)
- Travel to Port Townsend, with a stop in Sequim for a visit to the lavender fields. We suggest “Purple Haze”
- Lunch in Port Townsend followed by a walking tour of downtown or a driving tour of the historic homes.
- Ferry to Whidbey Island (the bus should get in line by 130pm to ensure departure)
- Our drive will take us through Whidbey Island to Anacortes and Mt Vernon. While in Anacortes enjoy a visit to “Sea Bear” (smoked salmon)
- leave for Anacortes back way
- Dinner and overnight at the Best Western CottonTree Inn
Breakfast Best Western Cotton Tree Inn
(depending on the time of year, enjoy the Tulip Fields) or travel to LaConner for shopping or a whale watching trip depending on time.
On the way back to Seattle we recommend some of the following:
Tour Boeing Facility, Visit Arlington home of the “Outback” Australian animal sactuary.
For a final farewell to Seattle we suggest and evening on the water with dinner, “Waterways Cruises” provides the ultimate in service and cuisine.
Overnight at the Executive Pacific Plaza
- Breakfast and departure
Olympics and San Juan Islands Tour Operators Providing Partial Options
- Evergreen Escapes – San Juan Island Kayak & Ferry Adventure
All-Inclusive | Private Escape – Spend the day on our San Juan Island Tour discovering this remote wilderness with a naturalist guide. As the morning ferry cruises to Friday Harbor, keep an eye out for sealife and birds. Then embark on a 3-hour whale watching search by kayak, passing wildlife refuges and rugged coastline. Picnic with local fare and a glass of wine, then explore historic British and American “Pig War” camps. As evening sets, visit an island winery or lavender farm before heading back to the ferry or optional flight.
- Evergreen Escapes – Olympic National Park Tour with Nature Walks or Snowshoeing
All-Inclusive | Small Group Tour -Discover the Olympic Peninsula with an expert naturalist on our Olympic National Park Tour from Seattle. Explore the northern part of the Olympic Peninsula, as your guide determines the best stops for the interests of the group and conditions of the day. See the Olympic Mountain Range and sweeping views of the Peninsula on Hurricane Ridge, old-growth forests and waterfalls surrounding Lake Crescent, or sandy coastline of the Dungeness National Wildlife Refuge.Along the way, you’ll embark on guided nature walks or snowshoes and learn about the diverse ecosystems that make up the Olympic Peninsula. Our Olympic National Park tour includes pick-up/drop-off at Downtown Seattle hotels, transport in Mercedes sprinter vans or SUVS, all entry fees, an expert naturalist guide, and a fresh, family-style lunch with local wines!