Vancouver B.C. is located just across the Canadian boarder from Blaine, Washington. As part of travel and tour planning into Washington State visitors often pass through Vancouver B.C. or even plan to tour the city.
Vancouver B.C. – Just to the North of Washington State
Tourism Vancouver sights and activities for the leisure traveler:
Must See and Do in Vancouver B.C.
- Stanley Park and Seawall
- Vancouver Aquarium
- Science World
- Vancouver Planetarium and Space Center
- Granville Island Public Market
- Kitsilano Beach
- Spanish Banks Beach
- Jericho Beach
- Sunset Beach
- VanDusen Botanical Garden
- Classical Chinese Garden
- Queen Elizabeth Park
- Grouse Mountain Ski Area
- Grouse Mountain Skyride
- Museum of Anthropology at the University of British Columbia
- Vancouver Lookout
- Capilano Suspension Bridge
- Canada Place
- B.C. Place Stadium
- Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival
- Pacific Central Station
- Playland Amusement Park
- Pacific National Exhibition (PNE)
- Lions Gate Bridge
- Cypress Mountain Ski Area
Vancouver, BC Christmas Market
The Vancouver, B.C. Christmas market is located at Queen Elizabeth Theatre Plaza in the heart of downtown Vancouver, this authentic German Christmas market has rows of traditional wooden huts decorated with pine boughs and strung with white lights. Shop for German wood carvings and toys, knitted items, ornaments and nutcrackers, as well as crafts from other countries. Enjoy German and European specialties such as bratwurst, lebkuchen (a traditional cookie), stollen (a German Christmas bread) and Ukrainian crepes & borsch. Try glühwein (a hot spiced red wine) and, of course, German beer. Stop at the “kid’s market” to make Christmas gifts and ride downtown Vancouver’s only Christmas carousel. You can visit the market as a day trip, but why not spend the night and enjoy the atmosphere after dark?
■ Adult Peak (13+ yrs old): $8.00 (Mon – Fri, 4 p.m. – 9 p.m.; all day Sat – Sun)
■ Adult Weekday (13+ yrs): $4.00 (Mon – Fri, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
■ AAA member*/Senior/Veteran Discount (65+ yrs): $1.00 off at all times
■ Youth (7 – 12 yrs): $4.00
■ Children (6 and under): FREE
See the Vancouver Christmas Market Website for Tickets
Accommodations and Hotels in Vancouver B.C.
Climate and Weather in Vancouver B.C.
Vancouver has a moderate, oceanic climate. Protected by the mountains and warmed by the Pacific ocean currents, Vancouver is one of the warmest cities in Canada.
In the summer plan to visit one of Vancouver’s public beaches. In the winter enjoy the snow at three ski areas; Cypress Mountain, Grouse Mountain, and Seymour Mountain.
See Vancouver BC Weather and Webcams
Getting Around British Columbia
- Air travel
- Car travel and rentals
- Bus Lines, Coaches, and Shuttles in British Columbia
- Ferry travel
- Rail travel
- Find maps of B.C.
- See road events and conditions
- Calculate the distance between two B.C. locations
- Public transportation in B.C.
- Lower mainland mass transportation system
- British Columbia Ferries routes and schedules
- Inland ferry routes and schedules
- Washington and B.C. webcams, boarder cams, and boarder wait times